We adopt a company-wide practice we refer to as “Source Responsibly”.
This goes beyond standard sustainability policies, that often fail to balance market and customer needs with the desire to do good by our community, staff, customers and environment.
Source Responsibly covers a few key areas:
Our packaging is predominantly an outer carton, and inner material designed to fill voids.
- Our outer packaging boxes are made from unbleached board that is 100% recyclable and made from a minimum of 75% recycled fibres.
- As much as we hate having to use mailing bags around our boxes, it’s become a necessity in an era where most packages are now left on doorsteps often in the rain. Our mailing bags, however, are made from recycled material and are recyclable themselves.
- To fill inner voids, we use a combination of Eco-Flo biodegradable loose-fill chips or recycled shredded paper made from old cartons.
We try to support small British independent business and buy local where ever we can. This means:
- Sourcing products from artisan independents, and ensuring at least 75% of any of our gift packages are from established but small suppliers.
- Having an upfront payment policy with businesses that turnover less than £5MM annually. Payments are made when the order is placed.
- Ensuring suppliers complete a remote audit, and only working with suppliers who also source their raw materials responsibly.
As an organisation, our core principles are to:
- Operate in an environmentally sustainable manner and minimise the environmental impact of our operations, including on climate change.
- Establish annual targets and encourage continual improvement in environmental performance
- Engage with advisors, suppliers, staff and stakeholders to disseminate the company’s sustainability policies and requirements
- Invest in and engage with our local community through our mandatory meal giving program
- Invest in the wellbeing and development of our staff
- Conduct business openly and ethically, and require the same standards throughout our supply chain.